Sunday, February 2, 2014


"All art is a collaboration".
               John Millington Synge from his preface to The Playboy of the Western World.

The truth of this statement is never so clear as when it's time to frame a piece of art work.  Since moving to York County six years ago, I have had almost all my framing done at the Framers Workshop  on Pauline Drive.  All of the staff are wonderful to work with, the prices are competitive,  York Art Association members get a 10% discount and everyone gets speedy service from experienced and enthusiastic staff.  My work has usually been ready for pickup in less than a week.  My satisfaction with the choice of frame has steadily improved with each framing experience.  Sometimes I have a definite idea when I come into the shop and other times I really need some expert advice.  I guess I sound like a commercial, but I just happened to drop off a piece for framing this week and thought I would share.

At the Framers' Workshop where Allison is helping me with matting and framing for Oracle.
A collage of paintings I recently added to:  Painting Gallery

A collage of photography recently added to: Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment