Monday, March 31, 2014

The exhibit opening yesterday was a big success for the York Art Association.  There was a much larger than expected turnout considering all the rain, sleet and snow that made travel an unnerving, almost dangerous,  endeavor.  The street in front of the gallery was flooded.  Many patrons came in with soaked feet--such a determination to support the arts.  I was impressed.  I sold one of my paintings, which never ceases to thrill me.  This morning there is still snow on the ground but the sun is shining and I'm hoping it will all be melted before sundown.  Now it's time to settle down and file my income tax return.  


Last May, posing for Barry while studying wildflowers at a prairie preserve in Hutchinson, Kansas.   Thinking about something more Spring-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment