Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday Notes

This week I'm squeezing in studio time between helping Barry take down some weedy trees, digging up and transplanting various perennials and dog-sitting dear little Sadie.  Now that Summer weather is upon us, there is a lot of sweating involved in the outside work.  The basement studio is cool, comfortable and very much like a retreat.  I have about 20 art pieces packed and ready to deliver to the Allegro Wine Gallery.  The opening reception is July 6, 2014 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.  Hope to see you there.

This Summer's resident frog.

My interpretation of Lorenzo Schwartz, inventor of vermouth.   The inspiration came in the Winter when I was watching re-runs of MASH on television.  Hawkeye was mixing up a batch of martinis and said to Honeycutt that he had come up with a perfect martini--"6 parts gin to one part staring at the portrait of Lorenzo Schwartz, inventor of vermouth."  I decided I had to have a portrait of Lorenzo for my Friday night martini.  While working on this portrait, I found out the real inventor of vermouth is Antonio Benedetto Carpano, an Italian distiller (1764-1815).

Sadie Woof, Private Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment