Monday, August 18, 2014

Art and Weather

This gorgeous summer we are having is keeping me outdoors as much as possible.  As I weed, deadhead, water, prune, etc., I think how nice it would be to set up an easel outside and paint some of my lovely surroundings.  I haven't given up.  As I write this, I'm finishing up the processing of summer squash and zucchini for the freezer (with thanks to Judy T. for sharing the bounty of her vegetable garden).  Also on hand from her garden are beautiful tomatoes, various sweet peppers, beets, multicolored chard and kale.  The colors are vibrant and palpable.  My flower garden is at its summer peak.  Inspiration is everywhere I look.  

Here in York County, PA, there is plenty of art on view as well.  At the York Art Association, the current exhibit is "Local Color".  All the pieces reflect local color in Adams, Cumberland, Lancaster, Dauphin and York Counties.  I submitted a painting of my friend's  farm buildings for this show. In downtown York there are exhibits at Marketview Arts where I continue to exhibit until the end of August.  There are also several other venues in downtown York which I will cover in my next post This coming weekend, August 23 and 24, York will be holding its annual Art Festival.  I've been going for years but look forward to this event even more than other years because I have a good friend selling his work there this year.  Rick is a master of many art forms, one of which is the creation of wire and bead bugs.  See his website here.

Looking down at St. Alban's Abbey Cathedral in St. Albans, UK

Me under an outdoor art installation at Bedford Square, London

Another view of the art at the corner of Bedford Square.  It moves with the wind and creates a waterfall when it rains.

Playing with digital cutouts

No comments:

Post a Comment