Saturday, October 11, 2014

Correction

After reviewing our contract with City Arts, we realize there is one more Saturday for our exhibit.  Here is the revised announcement:

Tuesday Art Cafe:
Mary Barnes, Judith Bowen,
Rita Hovemyr & Patricia Teller
November Exhibit 
@ City Arts, York, PA
118 W. Philadelphia St.
Nov. 4--15, 2014
Gallery Hours:
Nov. 4, 6, 11 & 13 from 10:00--2:00 pm
Nov. 7 (First Friday) 5:00--9:00 pm
Nov. 8,15 (Saturdays) 10:00--2:00 pm


I've taken some time this week to cull the photos I took on my three weeks in Britain with the idea of making a Blurb book.  Blurb is offering 20% off through October 31.  I'd better get busy.  One of the places we visited was Cirenchester which was founded by the Romans as Corinium.  The site of the Roman amphitheater is preserved and an extensive collection of mosaic floors and many objects from the Roman period are housed in its excellent museum.  Here are three of the photos I took there:

I can't remember what this relief sculpture represents,  but I  love it for the two females at either end with their hairdos.  They might be headdresses.  I think I might have seen something like this in one of the Star Trek series.

Looking in from the atrium

The mosaic on the left is the famous Hare Mosaic of Cirenchester.  The hare in the middle is a modern figure and we saw variations of him all over town.

No comments:

Post a Comment