Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Upcoming Exhibit

Here is the announcemnt I'm sending out regarding the City Arts exhibit.  The exhibits page has also been updated and has all the information.  If you live in the area, please stop by on one of the gallery dates.  We will have lots of space at City Arts, so I'm planning to set up my easle and supplies and paint in the gallery during the day time gallery hours.  Tuesdays and Thursdays will probably be very quiet, so it seems like a good idea.  This has been a busy year of exhibiting and I've learned a lot along the way about the business side of art.  For example, the importance of maintaining a contact/mailing list--especially when you don't have a gallery representing you.  Definitely have a guest sign-in with a space for mailing address and/or email.   Also, network with other artists and put them on your mailing list too. These thoughts are particularly in my mind as I prepare my snail mail and email exhibit announcements. 

Fun with Instagram

From left:  wind sculpture at a rest stop in Iowa, shadows of Barry & I walking,  me with Nick's Skullcandy cap, in front of Nick's house with mountain view behind, sunset at a Nebraska campground, Kentucky Bourbon Ale at the Talbot Tavern in Bardstown, KY, laundry day, sunset on the road, Nick & Beth at Mezza's in Salt Lake City


No comments:

Post a Comment