Monday, February 2, 2015

Groundhog Day Greetings

I'm pretty sure the groundhog didn't see his shadow today so that means it's six more weeks of winter (hopefully no more than that).  Really can't complain about the weather as it did not interfere with my week in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Found lots of inspiration as the changing weather made a color pattern show of sky and mountains.  The weather was mild and I took lots of long walks with my son's border collie, Camden.   The wonderful thing about walking is the visual stimulation.  One can be very focused inside getting lost in a project or imaginary world, but walking outdoors exercises our whole being and has the potential to totally refresh and reboot us.  Advice to me and you:  walk more!

I'm updating the exhibits page today with information on an upcoming exhibit "Out of the Blues" which opens at the Martin Library in downtown York, PA this coming Friday.  The exhibit runs through April, so plenty of time to see it if you're in the area.

About 6:30 am on the east side of Salt Lake City, UT

One of several pollarded trees in the neighborhood I was staying.  

Detail of a pruned area on a pollarded tree.  Love the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment