Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Just finished the peer assessment assignment for Coursera's Warhol course.  I should say, I've done the image part.  Need to take a break and then write it up.  I will share it in the next post.  The starting point for my project was an ad for Chanel No. 5 featuring Brad Pitt.  Warhol was known for appropriation and repetition of subjects in the popular culture.  I'm using the Marilyn Monroe screen prints as a starting point.  Below is my starting point with Brad:

copied from Vanity Fair


Fun with Instagram

From left:  martinis at a Japanese restaurant in the Poconos, an elephant at Pier One, Free Beer Tomorrow in Yorktown, VA, beer tasting at South Street Brewery in Charlottesville, VA, ice in Williamsburg, VA, gift from Nick: Utah rye whiskey, blueberry daiquiri, concretions on iron in Newport News, VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment