Sunday, March 1, 2015

March--Can Spring be Far Behind?

Just finished assessing projects for three other students in the Warhol course.  This was harder for me than doing my own project.  Also watched three short videos on Warhol and money and read some extracts from Andy Warhol's, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again).  Here's an example:

 ...The best way to carry money, actually, is messily.  Crumpled wads. A paper bag is good.

      Cash.  I am just not happy when I don't have it.  The minutes I have it I have to spend it.  And I just buy STUPID THINGS.

     Checks aren't money.

     When I have fifty or sixty dollars in my pocket, I can go to Brentano's and buy The Life of Rose Kennedy and say, "May I please have a register receipt?"
      And the more receipts I get, the bigger the thrill.  They're even getting to be like money to me now.


I read the whole extract out loud to Barry as we were driving somewhere recently.  It made me laugh, and yet, I think Warhol was quite serious.



This scene is down the road from where I live.  It has been covered with snow since the beginning of January.

I feel like jumping on this bike (seen in Ravenna, Italy) and taking a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment