Friday, April 10, 2015

Current Events

Escape
acrylic on canvas board
Christine Lincoln, poet laureate of York, Pennsylvania, will be doing a monthly feature in the York Daily record in which she chooses the work of a local artist to represent the subject of the feature.  She chose my painting "Escape" for this month's subject,  "Reclaiming Our Voices: An anthology by and for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault".  You can read more about it here.  Be sure to read the powerful poem included, "Exculpation" by Rich Follett.

This coming Sunday, April 12, is the opening of the Spring Members' Exhibit at the York Art Association.  The opening reception is from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.  I have entered a piece entitled "Study in Flesh Tones" which I consider more of a design piece than a fine art painting, but I really like it.  I will post the image file as soon as I can find it.

Yesterday I hung some of my photography at Blue Moon restaurant at 361 W. Market St. in York, PA where it will be on exhibit for two months.  More details on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment