Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Updates

If you live in the York, PA area, be sure to check the exhibits page which I just updated.  If I can tear myself away from the gardens, there is lots of work waiting for me in the studio.  If we get a rainy day this week, I'm heading over to the nature center at Nixon Park in Jacabus, PA to photograph and make sketches and color notes of some of their taxidermy animals.  There will be a plein air art event (Wild and Woolly) at the park on May 2nd.  I'm not a skilled plein air artist, so I thought some preliminary work might help, such as getting something on the canvas before I get there.  No so wild, but very furry  and beloved, is this boxer, Roman.  As long as I'm focusing on animals this month, think I will see what I can come up with for Roman.  








One of my favorite artists is Gustav Klimt.  Here he is in his working smock done in pencil and gauche by Egon Schiele.  Tossed over the page of the reproduction is my painting shirt, which I only wear for messy projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment