Friday, February 12, 2016

Art and Weather
Valentine's Day 
Paintings

When I came downstairs at 7:00 this morning, the outside thermometer said it was minus one degree. Birds were scrambling for positions at the feeders.  I added more food and felt grateful for our relatively warm house and lots of projects and books to keep me happy inside.  Yesterday I put the last strokes on my sky paintings.  Three of them were inspired by the brilliant, gem like blue seen on a drive home after a stormy night.  The fourth was inspired by Hill Road near our house.  From the top of Hill Road one sees panoramas of the countryside.  Again, sun and clouds were on the move as a storm moved away.  There's a bit of the landscape in this painting, but I still think of it as a sky painting.  Will sign them, photograph them properly and post to the Paintings page in a couple of days.  So, today I'm starting something completely new.



Barry and I like to spend Valentine's Day at home cooking a favorite meal together while enjoying a favorite cocktail.  Here are some heart-themed images I've created for Valentine cards.  The first is an image I abstracted from a Japanese Vase, next is an arrangement of heart-shaped rocks seen at Rick's house and the third is a little painting that evolved into a Valentine card.





No comments:

Post a Comment