Monday, February 22, 2016

Poland and Seeing Red

Winter is flying too fast even as I yearn for spring.  Trying desperately to finish the Blurb book featuring photography of our autumn visit to Poland.  Now I'm having computer troubles and will be out of commission on that project for a couple of days.  In the meantime, I can focus on a large format drawing which is required for an upcoming workshop.  My understanding is that we start with a drawing on heavy watercolor paper.  Then we mask certain areas of the drawing before pouring fluid acrylics on the paper.  I believe the idea is to get rich, colorful backgrounds as a starting point for the painting.  I'm excited to try this technique and hope I can translate it to board or canvas.  I will take photos during the workshop and share them here.

Here are four of my Krakow photos which I'm adding to the "red" project:

Seen outside the Schindler Factory/Museum

Inside a restaurant in the historic area

Inside Schindler's Factory

Newly weds on a photo shoot near the old town square

No comments:

Post a Comment