Tuesday, March 29, 2016

End of March

Here the sun is shining and the wind is blowing.  Early this morning I went for a little walk with the camera and captured some Spring beginnings.  Looking forward to sharing those in the next post.  Yesterday I completed a woodland collage featuring a chipmunk skull.  I found the skull last spring and created a collage which went on exhibit late Spring/early Summer 2015 at The HIVE Artspace.   Over the Winter, I felt the need to add more layers to the piece and it all started when Barry found a dead spider in one of our ornamental boxes.  It was perfectly stiff and beautifully preserved with its orange-red colors.  I added that along with more leaves, bits of shale, the tiniest of pebbles, moss, and smashed acorns.  "Life and Death" will be on exhibit at the York Art Association's Annual Spring Members' Exhibition.

220 S. Marshall St, York, PA
April 10 through May 7, 2016
Opening Reception:  April 10 - 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
directions here

Here is a photo of the piece, though I really think it looks better in person.




A windy day calls for some laundry flapping around.  Found these from a trip to Corfu a few years ago.  Needless to say, I had fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment