Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Marion K. Stephenson

Marion is the featured artist at the Pennsylvania Arts Experience through the end of April.  I've had the good fortune to see her work three times this month.  On one of those occasions she was at the gallery and discussed her art career, her passion for classical painting, painting from life and her motivation to paint subjects that evoke charming and relaxing street scenes, gardens, and landscapes.  She is also a gifted portrait painter.  You can see many of her works and read more about her here.

These photos were taken by Jessica Lee, Executive Director at the Pennsylvania Arts Experience.  I added the note on one.




Jason Tako, another talented landscape painter, will be exhibiting in May beginning first Friday.  See examples of his work here.

For those interested, I do have a Facebook account as well as Instagram.  I like Instagram the best, but keep my Facebook page because it has become the best way to stay in touch with my far-flung family.  I indulge my interest in art and photography on Instagram.  Connect with me there @tuesdaycafe.

Haven't updated the exhibits page in some time, so I will take care of that today.  I don't have much to add at the moment because, as I've said before, I need to get a new body of work completed.  It's beginning to happen.

Love these images of petrified wood seen on one of my trips to Utah.  This is just a small sample.  We were on a trail in a state park and almost everywhere we turned there were beautiful pieces to marvel over. As a result, one of us was always running to catch up.






No comments:

Post a Comment