Friday, September 30, 2016

This is What Today Feels Like



We have been getting some much needed rain this week.  It's feeling like autumn for sure, but still not too cold and quite a few summer flowers are hanging on such as tall phlox and black-eyed susans, of which we have lots.




Elephant ears continue to to amaze me with their green.  This photo was taken in late afternoon recently, but even on this rainy day they are a bright spot in the garden.





I am working on another still life for the Monday drawing class.  After that, we move on to landscapes.  I am considering this view along the Ring of Kerry in Ireland.  (from a trip in 2007)
I've processed a color and black & white version as they will both be helpful in developing the drawing.





And lastly, here is a diptych of progress on a painting I am getting close to finishing.  Have some travels in the next few days which will delay completion, but I feel I'm getting there.



No comments:

Post a Comment