Sunday, September 11, 2016

Why I Love an Airplane Window Seat



Very simply, I love it for the view.  On my last flight to Utah, I chose the aisle seat when booking and the flight wasn't nearly as enjoyable.  Yes, the aisle is convenient for trips to the WC and a dash to exit the plane, but the journey is enhanced with a view and I'm so glad I took these shots on our Baltic trip last autumn.  The earth is an amazing work of art.









We have elephant ears (Colocasia) in our garden adding a tropical note to our Pennsylvania woodland.  The plants can get over six feet tall, although I think I have seen them taller at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA.  Some of the leaves are large enough to stand under in a rain shower--I've done that.  What I've noticed more than ever this summer is how the light filters through each leaf creating a bouquet of greens. Photographing them up close one can appreciate the fine texture as well as bold and subtle lines running throughout.

















This last photo was taken at my neighbor's a few years ago.  He saw how I enjoyed his plants and gave me a couple of tubers at the end of their season.  All the elephant ears I have now are from that original gift.

Next time I'll be talking about the painting I just finished and a drawing class I'm starting tomorrow.   I'm especially ready to get out the charcoal and conte crayons.


No comments:

Post a Comment