Wednesday, October 5, 2016

It Feels Like October





Totally refreshing after that last hot spell and drought at the end of summer.  Shorter days and cooler temperatures quicken my pace--this is my season.  Today I'm packing for a short trip to Utah and some quality time with the family there.  In my travel bag are a few art supplies and hope I can find some time to sketch the mountain views and skies around Salt Lake City.

The drawing class this week worked on composition and value in drawing landscapes from photographs.  



We looked for dominate verticals, horizontals and arabesques.  After doing some exercises with four subjects, I chose the one visible in part at bottom left.   There will be more to share in a few days.  In the meantime, here are a few recent scenes from my corner of the world.





Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment