Sunday, October 23, 2016



It's that time of year at the York Art Association--the Open Juried Exhibition.  As you can see from the above promotional announcement, this will be this event's 46th year.  This will be the third time that my photography will be represented, so if you live in the area I would love to see you at the opening reception.

York Art Association
220 South Marshall St.
York, PA  17402
Exhibit dates:  November 6 - December 17, 2016
Opening Reception:  November 6, 2pm--4pm

The title of my works:  Nature & Myth and Hill of Crosses.  Both images can be seen on my Photography Pages.

If you've been following me from the beginning, you know I love Instagram.  I started using Instagram with my first refurbished Ipod4.  The photos are not great, but at the time they looked very instant which is what I thought Instagram was all about.  I shot all the photos from inside the app. Eventually I noticed how much better the photography was getting thanks to the iPhone5 and then iPhone6.  With better phone cameras the Instagram photos started looking very much like traditional digital photography.  Having graduated to an iPhone over a year ago, I love using Instagram even more, but the photos don't necessarily look like Instagram photos. Without even thinking about it I stopped doing my Instagram collages for the blog.  I am thinking about it,  and think I might start again but with a new intention.  If you have an Instagram account and would like to follow me: @tuesdaycafe.  I would like to see your photography too.  Yesterday I used the "Add to Story" button and posted a series of little bird drawings from my sketchbook.

Here are some more photographs from Salt Lake City, Utah:

There are stables nearby and this young woman was exercising her two rescued horses.  They were the sweetest horses and loved the attention of even the smallest children.

Lillian from the "girls with sticks" series.

Penelope from the "girls with sticks" series

We ate some of these apples--they were delicious.

My grand-dog, Camden.  He loves this off-leash park.  He was a good boy and did not try to round up the horses.



No comments:

Post a Comment