Monday, October 17, 2016

Mid October and Back From Salt Lake City, UT

I don't know that I've ever had a week that went by so fast.  My little girls kept me on my toes every waking moment and now that I've been back a few days, I still find myself listening for them. Weather was gorgeous and we were outside almost all day.  I was able to do one little landscape sketch of the mountain view from the front porch (while the girls were napping).  All other art activity was helping the little ones learn to use crayons.  Almost overnight they started making some very expressive marks.  Penelope likes to draw with both hands going.  

I'm still catching up on many projects at home--mostly garden related.  Today I returned to the Monday drawing class and was relieved that I wasn't too far behind.  Will share my landscape drawing in the next post.  The big thing I've learned about drawing is that it absolutely forces one to really look at, really see what is there.  I should be doing some drawing everyday if I really want to get better at any type of visual art.

Perhaps I will draw something while I'm outside planting bulbs and transplanting perennials.  We shall see.  If I can manage it, I will share the sketches here.

For now, here are some photos from a walk in Crestwood Park near the twins' neighborhood.  I love autumn.






Lillian and Penelope watching other children at Wheeler Historic Farm near Salt Lake City.

No comments:

Post a Comment