Thursday, January 5, 2017

Happy New Year!


This photo was taken at the beginning of December, not long after my return from the Balkans. Here I am kicking off the season with my best buddy.  I don't think I look that fresh this morning.  The holidays are wonderful, but energy consuming.  I'm ready for a retreat!  And my poor laptop is ready for a new hard drive.  I'm going to make sure everything is backed up and then take it over to the computer hospital for surgery.  Praying for a speedy recovery.  

This week I read that John Berger, a British art critic, novelist and screenwriter, died at age 90. He is famous for his 1972 BBC series "Ways of Seeing".  Wow, he is a discovery for me and what he says about art (seeing art) speaks to all time.  I found the series on YouTube and totally recommend it.  Read more here.  I also recommend the film, "The Man with a Movie Camera" directed by Dziga Vertov which Berger references in the first program.  I'm looking forward to some quiet time later to watch it again.

As I mentioned before, my Christmas toy has been the Diana photo editing app.  Here are some more experiments:

Me with two different interior shots.


Two photos of the woodland combined.

My "Driving" painting was inspiration for this.


My "Herdwick Sheep" painting was inspiration for this.


Planning to get back into the studio today.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment