Wednesday, January 25, 2017


The Studio Floor 

This is one end of my basement studio.  The floor came with the house and I have just lived with it these past eight years.  Finally, finally I'm going to do something about it.  After considering several options, I am going to keep the foam tiles as they are insulating and provide a good surface for standing, and I usually work standing.  I'm going to prime and  paint the whole thing a neutral color.  There is also an unfinished wall not showing in the above photograph which I'm also going to paint.  There you have it--a winter project.  I'm already happier with this space since I moved the big, long table out of the center of the room and closer to the wall.  For a long time, I like the table in the center because I could easily work all around it.  In the last year or so, however, I felt that my easel space was confined.  There's plenty of room to wave my arms now.

Other views:


I'm going to re-do and re-hang the walls--an art project in itself.  I've even thought of painting a mural on one of the walls.

The sun is shining brightly today, so I'm going to cut this short and get outside for awhile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment