Thursday, July 20, 2017



Just returned from Seattle, WA where I was visiting family.  Still feeling a bit of jet lag, but had a wonderful time with the twins, Lillian and Penelope, who are now 2 1/4 years old.  We had art play on the patio several times.  Drawing with them is an energy filled experience.  They draw fast--sometimes big gesture arcs and zigzags followed by carefully placed little lines and dots.  I might color in some of the shapes as they are formed and they would shout out the color.  They are just starting to use words, although they definitely have a language they understand with each other.  They get frustrated when we don't understand what they are trying to say--so understandable.

Loved being in the Seattle area with July temperatures in the 70's.  Flowers were amazing and I saw many gardens but really had trouble taking photographs with the little girls along.  I did have my iPhone and took several videos, but haven't figured out how (or even if it's possible) to post videos on Blogger--another thing to research.  Here in Pennsylvania, flowers are blooming nicely too.  Above is our favorite daylily.  We love its creamy pinkness and beautiful fragrance.  The scent is particularly  lovely at the end of the day--it envelopes the back garden.

With the small amount of time I had for working on my texture layer challenge, I did manage to try a couple of things.  I don't think I've mentioned before that I use Photoshop CS5.  I've used Photoshop several years, but still feel like a novice.  There are endless things to learn about this program.  If you are interested in working with layers and don't want to spend hundred's of dollars on the latest Photoshop, I recommend Photoshop Elements which you can buy for under $100 and it does everything the average photographer might need for basic editing as well tools for more creative editing.  Below, I used the brick steps from the previous post and turned it into a night scene with a ghostly figure.




Next is the photo of me on game day with my sisters combined with another archived texture which I converted to gray-scale using Channel Mixer.  This was a quick trick because I wanted to get a post in today.  I'm having fun with these exercises and hope to share a few more in the near future.



And here are two photos of cosmos--one of my favorite summer flowers as seen in Gettysburg, PA



No comments:

Post a Comment